Thursday 21 February 2008

A Perfect Day ** I met Tim Holtz!!**

Yesterday I had the most fabulous day!!! Firstly, I got to meet for the very first time my good friend Kaz, and together we went to the opening of Dawn Bibby's new Design Studio, where we attended a 3 hour demo by the one and only Tim Holtz!!!!!!!!!


The day was all I anticipated and more!!! Tim was a fabulous teacher, very witty and charming, but most of all, inspiring. He showed us fabulous techniques and how to get the best results from his products. And we were able to purchase stamps from his as yet unreleased new range - how cools that!!


Dawn and her team , including JJ and Leonie were all there too, and they are all lovely people, very friendly and truly charming. The atmosphere in the Studio was very informal and relaxed, they really made us feel welcome. I must give give a huge Thank You to Dawn, JJ, Leonie and of course Tim Holtz, for the most wonderful afternoon. And Kaz was great company, it felt like I was meeting up with an old friend who I'd known forever. It really was a most perfect day.




Tim made lots of sample's during the demo, and at the end I asked him to sign this one for me, which he very kindly did.
This is a little creation I gave to Tim. I was so nervous approaching him with it I was literally shaking! I needed a lot of encouragment from Kaz to hand it to him, I was a bit pathetic lol. But Tim seemed to like it. Or maybe he was just very kind rofl.





The wording on the egg reads "Springtime., natures greatest gift".

6 comments:

Kaz said...

he loved it you loon!!! lol would have been more perfect if he'd given us a snog eh? hehe
was great to meet you Angela, hope we do it again too. and get pics of JJ next time.....lol
xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabby gift for Tim. Great photos. Lifetime experience to cherish. I think Tim has a unique way that will never date.

Karin said...

Great photos & gift Angela. What a day to remember, you lucky girl. :o)

Anonymous said...

awwwwww...that little nest is too adorable. I am sure that he liked it. And I am so jealous that you got to meet Kaz in real life. She is so funny online so I can imagine she was tons of fun in real life.

Anonymous said...

you're so luck it sounds like a great day! can i ask you more questions about it for my maagazine? It's PaperCraft inspirations... if you get this, can you email me? zoe.beer@futurenet.co.uk so i can grill you for all the details!

Glenda T. said...

OMG, you got to meet Timmy!! How cool is that!