Thursday 17 April 2008

Spring has sprung.

I made this "Spring Time" themed collaged for a forum challenge. It was the first time I'd attempted a canvas and I loved it! As I bought a pack of four, I guess you'll be seeing more of these if future, I have lots of ideas to put to use!
The background is Sepia MoonGlow applied direct from bottle with a brush - I totally love the walnut ink, gives such a lovely warm aged feel. I used stamps from Oxford Impressions and PaperBag Studio, stamping on scraps of french text pages and a piece of cream cotton fabric. The little glass jar contains real flower seeds, ready for the little Paperwhimsy girl to go plant in her Jardin.

13 comments:

joanne wardle said...

oh wow I love it. I especially like the flowers done on the text.

Kaz said...

WOW WOW WOW stunning.

love it Angela....you should do a canvas swap with someone...like someone you know.....someone you MET even...lol

gorgeous. :)

deb said...

Anjie it is gorgeous!

I love everything about it.

JACKIE M said...

Love it all, great images,colours,textures =0)

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Beautiful, I love it!

Emma said...

wow Angela.. this is stunning! love it!

Seona said...

lol @ Kaz - you might prefer to do a swap with someone who has been making canvases this week!

This is stuuning Angela - great effect stamping on the text.

Chriss Rollins said...

angela i am glad i have found your blog...i have seen some of your gorgeous work on scrapz gallery.
i love your canvas the inks are my next thing on my wish list
chriss x
if you fancy a challenge i have 1 on my blog today

Audrey said...

Just having a proper look now - wowweee its fab, I love those colours anyway, but I love the details - the little bottle is brill!! Gorgeous

Paula J Atkinson said...

Totally awesome. So sorry you didn't get to do the swap. Still who could bear to part with it the colour is so pretty.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Worth the wait Angela. And yes I totally agree re walnut ink. Fab atwork.

Kazza said...

This is so beautiful Angela - I love all the different textures and mediums you have used. xx Karen

Karin said...

Absolutley stunning, glad you've found your stash again. :o)