Tuesday 15 April 2008

I got a call from my sister asking me to make a card for one of her friends, and my reward should I accept her request, was a home baked lemon cake.....Mmmmmm I just love lemon cake, and my little sister is one heck of a good baker, so we had a deal. The cake was made as promised, we all tucked in and praised Emma for her ability to make a deliciously light and moist sponge........ but the card remained unmade. I began to worry I couldnt fulfill my side of the bargain. I just havnt been feeling creative recently, life hasnt been very kind to us these past few months, losing family members both young and old, coupled with the stress of my youngest son undergoing testing for various medical and developmental problems sent my creativity into deep hibernation. I really did wonder if it would ever return, then slowly but surely I began feeling drawn towards my craft stash, sorting through it and finding cool stuff I had completly forgotten about! One of my finds was some Filigree corners I got from PaperWhimsy last year, and that is what sparked my imagination and set me back on track to finding my creative mojo.....and the card was finally made. Hope Emma's friend likes it as much as we enjoyed the cake!

I used Basic Grey Scarlet's Letter, PaperWhimsy Image and Filligree Corner, Scroll Felt Fusion, and Prima Hydrangea petals with gold seed beads in the centre.

15 comments:

Kaz said...

FANTASTIC!! this is absolutely gorgeous angela, love everything about it. the seed beads are perfect. love it all. welcome back to blog land!! xxxx

Gillian .... said...

Oh Anjie .... Everything about this card is perfect, the image and the colour tones, the scroll, love love love it, welcome back xx
sorry life has been so stressful lately, hang on in there x

Audrey said...

It really is beautiful - you definitely haven't lost your touch... I love it.

Great to see you back x

joanne wardle said...

beautiful. I just love the tonal quality. well worth a lemon cake, I'd say!!

deb said...

STUNNING!!!

this is really gorgeous Anjie, everything is perfect, what a comeback.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Great to see you back...and what a comeback- this is stunning!

Caroline Moore said...

Way to go Anjie - what a comeback - fabulous card, I love the Basic grey paper with anything and the image and embellishment you added really add to it. Its a beautiful card, too nice in fact to give away, I'm sure you will have lots of orders now. Good to see you back

Emma said...

Sorry life's been so stressful for you Anjie xx it's good to see you back and the card is stunning!!! :o)

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful ! I love the image and flourishes.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very beautiful design. Love the BG you realy brought it to life.
Hope this is just the start of more gorgeous stuff to follow.

I totally love my card.xx

Carol Q said...

you obviously haven't forgotten how to create Anjie! this is beautiful, love the use of the scroll and the colour scheme is very mellow

Anonymous said...

Angela....this is absolutely gorgeous. Love everything about it. Aren't those little filigrees awesome. They always have such a great touch on things.

I hope things are getting better at home. so sorry for your loss(family members). don't know details about your son but hope you are getting answers and help. Take care :)

p.s. thanks for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments.

Seona said...

Oh Angela this is so beautiful - the petals and the papers are gorgeous - I'm sure Emma's friend will have loved it. So glad to see you back again I missed you x

Karin said...

Oooooooo Angie this is stunning, absolutley love it.

Anonymous said...

SUPERBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BRAVO md