Monday 3 December 2007

Christmas Traditions

I made this Arch for a forum challenge. The brief was to create something Christmas themed, without using anything Christmas specific - so no Santas, no Reindeer - you get the idea lol.
My thinking behind this piece was to create a Christmas Eve scene. I thought the little Paper Wimsey boy sitting with his teddy was perfect, it looks like he is listening out for the sound of Santa's Sleighbells ting-a-linging! In the background is a little clock showing almost midnight, on the 24th. I added a little white acrylic paint frost aound the edges to add a hint of winteryness. You may be wondering why I chose to add the word Tradition to the little hanging piece, well, when I was a child, staying awake as long as possible on Christmas Eve, and listening out for Santas bells was one of the most exciting times of the year for me and my siblings, and even as we all grew up, it became a little tradition of ours to stay up together on Christmas Eve.
I still love Christmas Eve, possibly even more so than Christmas day, its so full of excitment and anticipation...and hard work too. But I am in denial. Its all going to go fabulously rofl. Well, its better than getting stressed out isnt it lol.

This is my entry for this weeks Saturday Stampers were the theme is Christmas with a twist. The twist being that we use NO Christmas products, papers or stamps in our creations.
Thanks for looking :)

11 comments:

Emma said...

and I was the lucky person to receive this.. it's absolutely stunning Anjie, I really love it :o) thank you xxx

Penny said...

Love it, the white highlights are excellent as is the hanging part.

Seona said...

This is gorgeous Angela - I adore the sentiment behind it and being a very overgrown child when it comes to Christmas I can relate to the whole piece - Fabulous piece - lucky Em x

Gillian .... said...

Gorgeous arch anjie, love the whole layout and sentiment:)

Sandy said...

This is really stunning. Great idea and so lovely.

Paula J Atkinson said...

This is gorgeous!!!
I love the timeless feel to it.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Anjie, I think you've found your niche, you are the Queen of Gothic Arches.
perfect for the theme too.
Kaz x

Nellie said...

Gorgeous! Love the whole idea.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It's a wonderful arch.
http://barnie.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful work! :)

Karin said...

This is gorgeous, love it.:o)