Thursday 11 October 2007

Art Doll Challenge.

Ive been neglecting my blog recently, life has been a bit chaotic with family stuff, and then there was the hastily made decision to redecorate the entire downstairs before the christmas trimmings go up ( 1st december if you were wondering lol ) so I decided to make use of these wee small hours I'm spending with Jack while he makes up his mind if he is tired enough to go to bed, and blog a couple of recent creations :)
I made this polymer clay art doll for a forum challenge. I used my prefered polymer clay - Fimo (prefered only because its the only polymer clay I can source locally lol ) an art doll face mold and I collected a selection of fallen leaves from the garden. I spent a few minutes kneading the clay to a workable state, then rolled it using a 6" brayer - I really do need to remember to buy a pasta roller lol. I cut a art doll template from textured card, and lay this over my sheet of rolled out clay and cut around it with a craft knife - the texture of the card was transfered to the clay giving it a nice, bark like finish. I then made the face cab using some left over scraps from the body. The tricky part was making the leaves, I wanted to get the clay rolled as thinly as possible, but only having a brayer meant I was finding it difficult to keep an even thickness.When I was happy with the rolled clay, I lay a leaf onto it and pressed it into the clay, transfering all the texture and details to the clay. I cut around each leaf with a sharp craft knife. Once I had a selection of leaf types and sizes I lay them over the art doll, to create a feeling that she is a little Wood Sprite hibernating for Winter - it didnt turn out exactly as I planned, I was struggling for time as Jack was unwell - but I'm sure one day I will get to create the little wood sprite currently hibernating in my imagination :)


I would like to thank the lovely Gillian for my Rocking Girl Blogger award! Yes Gillian, I am extremley slow on the uptake, but better late than never as my mum always says :)
I now need to nominate five other girl bloggers for this prestigious award, but as soooooo many of my favourite bloggers already recieved their shiny pink trophy i'm gonna need time to think.
One blogger springs to mind, the fantabulously funny Amy . I love Amy's blog, she always makes me smile :)

11 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Angela!!!!

Emma said...

asolutely adore your art doll Anjie.. it's gorgeous!!!! :o) x

Galina Varese said...

This is the most gorgeous art doll, so serene and poetic.The leaves enveloping her like a wood fairy are just beautiful

Seona said...

I love the leaves on this Anjie! gorgeous.

Oh and I've tagged you - details on my blog x

Kaz said...

your art doll is gorgeous Anjie, the painting is just fab. love it.

Debbie said...

Fantastic art doll - love it

Gillian .... said...

This is an exceptional piece, really like what you have achieved.
Good to see you have the blogger award up, but guess what lol

Ive tagged you again ... sorry lol
details on my blog :)

.. said...

You have made a beautiful work!
Congratulations and hugs from Argentina!

Anonymous said...

It's area of the Eastern Division, AFC within the National football league Our public schools today are like institutions where only beggars and housemaids are foundOLB is still raw, but has the potential to be very good Our main goal is to get your certified with a firm understanding of the core material You are presented with scrambled Spanish words, and the goal is to unscramble them to make proper words Many young people ‘boyfriends may be basketball admirers in addition they would like young ladies to relish this unique adventure mutually and also dress yourself in the same NBA ball jerseys for instance the particular partners closetJackson is strongest in the history of the players in baseball, double habitat and rugby has good performance, is deep the fans like

[url=http://www.juliojonesjerseys.us/]Nike Julio Jones Jersey[/url]

Hunt would later say the name was likely in his head because his children had been playing cheap wholesale jerseys with a Super Ball toy The Giants could be worth a courtesy look, as they have a great looking triffecta in the starting rotation with Lincecum, Cain and Zito and a solid closer in Brian Wilson to close the door in the 9th! SF Giants Projected Starting RotationTim Lincecum Matt Cain Barry Zito Jonathan S'nchez Madison Bumgarner Ron Raymond MLB Betting System TipHere a baseball situation you may want to track at the beginning of the 2011 baseball season to see if last years trend will re-occur with home underdogs at the beginning of the seasonFor more cheap NFL jerseys sale information ,click on the link:Click here to study together: nfl Jerseys Cheap In about any World Cup we'd see Britain's activity for any admirers to abutment your civic teamNHL scout Ron Harris had a feeling Mario cards would soon be worth more than his We provide varies of jerseys, such as NFL jerseys, NHL Jerseys, NBA Jerseys and MLB Jerseys The following year he finished the season with 71 tackles and seven interceptions and was voted to his first Pro Bowl

[url=http://nikebengalsnflstore.com/]Andy Dalton Jersey[/url]

You're searching for bats, and also work out software to generate a new tight getting together with, even today, a tremendous improve throughout the cost? Greater to in that case pick the particular suitable hobbies5 sacks his rookie season, compared to the 11 It's kind of sadWe are the online store, offer you all kinds of cheap sport jerseys, welcome to login for the more details There are free leagues to join in online where they also give away prizes but of course, there are those with fees for joining in

[url=http://redskinsfootballstore.com/]Nike Robert Griffin III Jersey[/url]

Anonymous said...

I blog oftеn anԁ I seгiously appгеcіate
your informatіon. Үour article has truly ρeаked my іnterest.
Ι'm going to book mark your site and keep checking for new details about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

Feel free to surf to my blog ... ephedrine plant

Anonymous said...

I like [url=http://www.nikeshop.ca/]Nike[/url] and http://www.nikeshop.ca/4pvnalax