Saturday 15 September 2007

Wings Tag

I have made this tag with my favourite new PaperArtsy stamp. I used a black tag and applied a little moonshadow mist and acrylic paints. I stamped the image on white card using black ink and i applied a coat of clear embossing powder to the image to add texture. I coloured it using water colour paints - I was really tempted to use browns as these are the colours I seem to find easier to work with, but I decided to try and create a more feminine look. I gave it a spritz of red Glimmer Mist and added a piece of acetate cut into a tag shape. I used a Dymo to add the quote "we each have only one wing, in order to fly we must embrace."
I really enjoyed making this piece:)

11 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

One of my fave stamps. Looks great using the black and pink, Angela.

Galina Varese said...

Gorgeous colours, Anjie! Just beautiful.

Nellie said...

What a gorgeous tag. Absolutely love that stamp and the way you worked with it!

Kaz said...

gorgeous tag Angela, love that stamp and the colours are fabby!

Gillian .... said...

One of my fav stamps too, looks great in black & pink, thank you for taking part:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely watercolouring Anjie!

Debbie said...

Aww how cute - love the stamp and what you have done - tis perfect

deb said...

A favourite stamp of mine, you've worked really well with it Anjie, love the colours.

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp too......and it looks great on a black tag.

Seona said...

The colours are fabulous Anjie!!

joanne wardle said...

one of PAs best stamps. I have just bought this larger one, but not used it yet. great tag. that's a quote I really like as well.