Friday 15 June 2007

DCM Challenge.

Ive made this card for Lana's Birthday, and as its my first attempt at heat embossing on a card ive decided to submit it to Daring Cardmakers, as this week's challenge is Embossing. For this card i used alcohol inks on glossy cardstock to create the background. I stamped the image on white card using versamark, I then applied black embossing powder and heat set. I cut the image out and coloured with Perfect Pearls which i had mixed with water. I then stamped the image again on the purple alcohol inked background using black Brilliance ink to which I applied clear embossing powder and heat set. I overlayed the image and attached with adhesive. This is my first submission to Daring Cardmakers.

20 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card! Gorgeous colours!

Lythan said...

I'm so glad you have taken the plunge as this is a fabulous card. Embossing that dress really makes the pattern pop doesn't it? Hope you will join in more of the DCM challenges.

Gillian said...

G'day Angela, WELCOME TO THE DARES!!!!! :O) so lovely to have you play along...
and this card is DELIGHTFUL!!!!!
Beautiful, Beautiful work!
and Yay.. I bought some perfect pearls this week and had now Idea what to do with them until today thankyou :O)

Emma said...

Wow Angela, love the card! :o)

Sheens said...

Beautiful Angela!

Patsy Jackson said...

Wow stunning card Angela. Love the alcohol ink on the background!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Yummy!So rich in colour & very 1930's.
Im very into alcohol inks right now as I wanted them for over a year & was too intimidated by them to purchase in case I stuffed up!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Angela - I think this is the same gorgeous stamp Sheila has used too

Thanks for joining in with the dare, it's lovely to see more new faces coming to play.

Sheila said...

Ooooooh snap.....we both obviously have the same good taste.
Gorgeous card. I love your choice of colours.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This looks fabulous - lovely stamp!

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Great card. Love the alcohol ink overlay. stunning

Penny said...

Hello, I thought this looks familiar!! Very nice embossing and depth of colours you've used.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

A fabulous card Anjie...wonderful colours.

Dolly Mixtures said...

That stamp looks great - love what you did with it!
Angela

White Butterfly said...

fatastic card!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely - looks really rich and moody! The background stamp is fab, too!

deb said...

great work Anjie.

Unknown said...

Such rich colours here, it's lush!

http://freycob.blogspot.com

Rosie

Rhi said...

Welocme to DCM! Beautiful card Angela, I love the effect of the heat embossing over that gorgeous background, stunning!

Kaz said...

gorgeous card Anjie, I love the stamp and the background is great with the inks, you're very good with them